Zynga, Inc. has received many complaints about the Turkey Troubles blog. Accordingly we have confiscated this domain under authority of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA), and our attorneys have filed the appropriate legal actions in federal court against the blog owner, Choo Dessny.
The charges now pending against Mr. Dessny include various and sundry civil and criminal violations of U.S. federal intellectual property laws, including, but not limited to, criminal copyright infringement [17 U.S.C. § 506(1)(B) and 18 U.S.C. § 2319(c)], distribution of a copyrighted work over a computer network [17 U.S.C. § 506(a)(1)(c) and 18 U.S.C. § 2319(d)], trademark infringement due to false designation, origin, or sponsorship [15 U.S.C. § 1125(a)], dilution of famous trademarks [15 U.S.C. § 1125(c)], patent infringement [35 U.S.C. § 271], trafficking in counterfeit trademarks [18 U.S.C. § 2320], et al.
For over a year now, Mr. Dessny has been utilizing modified versions of the proprietary graphics of Zynga, Inc. to falsely and maliciously suggest that:
- FarmVille citizens were ruthlessly maimed and killed in pig races staged by Walter.
- FV2's crop dryers have the capacity to violently bonk players in the head.
- Beloved FarmVille character Cornelius is a violent and devious serial killer.
- The town of FarmVille was burned to the ground in an order board dispute.
- Zynga murdered everyone's most beloved farmhand, Buck.
- Walter and Marie engaged in election fraud to win the mayoral election.
- Zynga's solution to player complaints is by punishing them further.
- Zynga's mascot is a rabid dog prone to urinating and defecating on player's farms.
These blatant acts of fraud, libel, infringement and slander against Zynga and it's beloved FarmVille 2 characters shall not be tolerated, and this is why Mr. Dessny and his blog viewers and contributors are now being brought to justice. Please be advised that if you have viewed or contributed to this blog during the past seventeen (17) months in which it has been active, you may be found culpable in the pending litigation. We have collected the IP addresses of all visitors to this blog since inception and continuing; and we are currently in the process of serving subpoenas upon each and every one of your internet service providers to learn of your identities. Once identified, all visitors and contributors to this blog shall be subpenaed to court to testify as to your involvement. You may wish to consult with legal counsel at this time to discuss your rights and responsibilities in this matter.
For additional information about this case, and to review a copy of our summons and complaint, please click here.