Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Goodnight, Sweet Prince

“When I die, I want to die in my sleep like my grandfather... Not screaming and yelling like the passengers in his car.”    ~Will Shriner



Dear friends,

It is with great sadness that I must inform you all of the passing of a very dear friend and loyal farm hand, Buck.  It happened so suddenly - one minute he was here, snoring away on his bale of hay - and the next minute he was gone forever.  I have only now just begun to overcome my shock and start coming to grips with his sudden departure.  An overwhelming sense of loss overwhelms me, overwhelmingly.

I've been missing Buck so much in fact, that I created this memorial video tribute for him.  I hope that you will join me in mourning Buck's loss and condemning his murderers, while celebrating his life and remembering all that he did for us.  It's just a shame that we never got to actually express our gratitude to him while he was still alive, on account of his constant sleeping.

Farewell, Buck.  You were taken from us too soon.  Gone but never forgotten, you're yawning with the angels now.

RIP



2 comments:

  1. Aww That was sweet. We'll miss you Buck! *sniff*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great tribute! I wish they would have said, hey Buck's going away unless you guys sign up. Then I would have my Zynga AMEX :D Lol, kind of a National Lampoon's stunt like they did with the dog.

    ReplyDelete