Thursday, April 7, 2016

FarmVille Fashionista


I base most of my fashion taste on what doesn't itch.
― Gilda Radner




So, I guess I am a "scrapbooker" now.  I never thought that I would ever have occasion to utter those words, as this is a hobby I've never considered taking up before.  Scrapbooking had always struck me as a "girly" thing to do.  But alas, this game never ceases to find new ways to emasculate me with these silly quests week after week, so now I am a man with a scrapbook nook.  Hear me roar.



Fortunately the tasks involved with this quest are more about farming than actual scrapbooking.  No cutting and pasting of cute little pictures is required.  Nonetheless, I've heard nothing but complaints from other players about how difficult this scrapbook thing is.  I swear, even if everything about this game were perfect, we grumpy old FV2 players would still find something to complain about!  It's rare to find a FV2 player anymore who relishes a challenge.  We all seem to want a never-ending flow of free unlimited water and to be granted lavish rewards in exchange for minimal effort.  Where's the fun in that?  What has happened to the FV2 gamer's work ethic?




I must admit, I found the quest a bit daunting myself at first upon being confronted with this screen, but it's really easier than it looks.  You just need to do the regular old farming stuff that you normally do in order to collect the tokens required to progress through the quest and earn the various rewards.  Be sure to post for "chips" daily and click as many as you can from your feed, as these allow you to claim little bonus power-ups that will enable you to e.g., double the tokens you receive for performing certain tasks during a limited period of time, etc.  Those 2X bonuses can really put you ahead quickly if you use them wisely, such as in connection with a level up or co-op bloom.  If you're still confused about how it all works, Zynga has a guide to which you can refer.

The most common complaint I've heard from other players about the scrapbook nook is how many tokens they need to collect in order to earn the grand prize - a baby American Painted horse.  In my case the number of tokens required is 830.  Sure, that is quite a few tokens, and it's certainly not going to happen overnight.  But you have to be patient.  It may indeed take several days for the average player to collect that many tokens, but you will eventually get there if you just keep at it!




As for me, I persevered in my quest and eventually collected enough tokens to win my beautiful new horsey today!  What I didn't anticipate was this delightful bonus reward:  SCRAPBOOK PANTS!  It's what all the fashionable scrapbookers are wearing on the farm these days, so make sure to finish your quest and get yours too!



Modeling my new fashion statement!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment